Liv Cycling Selects Coach Sarah Wangerin as Ambassador
Liv is the Women’s Specific Cycling division of Giant Cycling, and it is committed to the female cyclist. They offer comprehensive product choices designed specifically for female riders, ranging from beautiful apparel to premium bicycles.
Sarah is a USA Triathlon Certified Coach and USA Cycling Certified Coach with Experience Triathlon Coaching Services and is also a Massage Therapist with Experience Massage. You can learn more about her on the Liv Ambassador page and her coaching bio on the ET website.
In her position as an Ambassador within the Midwest Region, Sarah will partner with Spokes Bikes in Wheaton and together with Experience Triathlon will host a series of monthly events aimed specifically at women of all cycling abilities, all cycling backgrounds, all cycling goals and dreams, and even all kinds of current bicycles to ride!
The main goal of 2015 will be to foster a community specifically for women, where together they can harness their courage and develop confidence to create and achieve cycling dreams. This in turn will carry over to their lives in general, making for some very powerful personal growth opportunities.
“Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel … the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood.” ~ Susan B. Anthony, American civil rights leader and feminist. 1896
Listed below is a sample of the clinics that will be held over the course of 2015:
- Bikes, Beauty and Brains – An introduction to all that cycling has to offer to women.
- Wine and Wrenches – Taking Care of our Bikes and Fixing Flats: How to do all those things we’d possibly rather not do … or maybe we would … but it’ll require some good grease remover afterwards. Wine makes this more enjoyable, and as such, will be served.
- Lines and Tires and Bikes, OH MY! – Outdoor Riding Etiquette + OUTDOOR GROUP RIDE!!!
- Training for your first (or perhaps 2nd or 3rd) Triathlon.
- Nutrition Myths and Nutrition Truths – Wine to be served! Of course.
- The Mental Game of Cycling: “True courage is in facing danger when you are afraid…” ― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Our kick off event will be held on Friday March 20, 2015. It will be held at Spokes Bikes, 69 Danada Sq E., Wheaton, IL 60189 at 7:00pm.
Please fill out the form below to register your spot and meet many other women who feel that awesome internal tug of riding their bike to enhance life! We will cover many basic, broad overview topics, so everyone is encouraged to feel welcome to come! We would love to see you there!