ET Spring Training Camp Arizona – April 6–10, 2016
Please note: The $150 is a deposit due at registration. The full trip will cost: $2450 (double) or $2900 (single)
We are proud and excited to announce that we will be returning to the Scottsdale and Phoenix area for Experience Triathlon’s 2016 Spring Training Camp – a dream destination for athletes with over 300 days of sunshine annually and incredible scenery! Our trip is tailored to incorporate the best cycling routes amongst the most diverse southwestern ecosystem in our country. Our training adventure will include exhilarating road rides on buttery smooth pavement as well as (new this year!) a guided mountain bike tour to Brown’s Ranch in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve, home to the Valley of the Sun’s best mountain biking and views. Also new this year will be an outdoor swim session in a state of the art 8-lane lap pool at the breathtaking McDowell Mountain Ranch Aquatic & Fitness Center. To help us recover, we’ll once again enjoy a private yoga session and the compression boots and hot/cold plunge pools at one of cycling’s most comprehensive performance centers called FASTER.
Out of stock
- Camp Itinerary
We’ll once again enjoy accommodations at the spectacular and aptly named Carefree Resort & Conference Center nestled in the gorgeous Sonoran Desert and shrouded by the majesty of the Continental Mountains. After our training days are done, we’ll find a place where our tension melts away at this charming resort renowned for its hospitality, casual comfort and unbridled luxury. The nearby towns of Carefree and Cave Creek offer an ample selection of charming eateries and stores just minutes from our resort. At night, we’ll be able to let our cares slip away as we relax on our private balconies and gaze at stars shining so big and bright they seem close enough to touch.
- Only $150 deposit reserves your camp spot!!
- Financial payment plans are available. Contact us to discuss options.
- Camp registration deadline is February 13, 2016.
- Final payment of full camp fee is due February 13, 2016.
- Refund policy: 50% prior to February 13, 2016. No refund after February 13, 2016.
- The above prices are based on the lowest current airfare. It is subject to change.
- ET athletes, ET club members and ET coaches receive their normal discount percentages.
Your Camp fee includes the following:
- Round trip airfare from Chicago to Phoenix.
- Four nights accommodations at the Carefree Resort & Conference Center.
- Three full day professionally guided bike tours that includes SAG van support, bike rental, and a helmet. Athletes should bring their own pedals and bike shoes. Nutrition stops every 15-20 miles with H2O, Gatorade, Coke, GU, bars and pretzels.
- Daily gourmet picnic lunch on Day 2, 3 and 4.
- Private yoga class on Day 2.
- Mountain bike adventure with professional, knowledgeable and safety certified guides on Day 4.
- Outdoor swim workout at McDowell Mountain Ranch Pool on Day 4.
- Daily ground transportation for the duration of Camp.
- Full breakfast buffet on Day 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Please note that group dinners are not included in your Camp fee.
Wednesday, April 6
Travel to Phoenix in the morning. Drive from Phoenix to Carefree. Camp begins with a late afternoon chatty run from our hotel while enjoying the scenic desert backdrop, peppered with colorful native wildflowers and towering Saguaro and Prickly Pear Cacti. Group welcome dinner and Camp overview discussion while immersed in the authentic southwestern flavor and architecture of our resort’s dining room.
Thursday, April 7
Following breakfast at our resort, our day starts with a quick overview of FASTER, a state of the art cycling performance center. Then we’ll embark on a 49 mile Dove Valley “Welcome to Arizona” ride with a mid-ride gourmet picnic lunch before returning to Scottsdale. There will be a post-ride brick run option, then we’ll enjoy a private yoga session and the optional opportunity for some post-ride recovery with FASTER’s compression boots and hot/cold plunge pools. Our day will end with a group dinner.
Friday, April 8
Following breakfast at our resort, we’ll begin an iconic 70-75 mile ride from Scottsdale. We’ll be greeted with 70 mile vistas across the Sonoran Desert as we ride around the McDowell Mountains into the Verde River Valley and Tonto National Forest. Our journey through the town of Fountain Hills will allow for numerous short, steep hill climbs. A gourmet picnic lunch, post-ride brick run option, and the optional opportunity for recovery with FASTER’s compression boots and hot/cold plunge pools will be included. Our day will end with a group dinner.
Saturday, April 9
Sunrise run followed by breakfast at our resort. After breakfast, we’ll head to Brown’s Ranch for our mountain bike tour while our guides provide us with an entertaining lesson on the area’s flora, fauna, geology and cultural history. After a gourmet picnic lunch, we’ll head to McDowell Mountain Ranch Pool to enjoy a refreshing outdoor recovery swim in a magnificent setting. Finally, there will be an optional opportunity for recovery with FASTER’s compression boots and hot/cold plunge pools. Our day will conclude with a group farewell dinner.
Sunday, April 10
Travel home after breakfast at our resort.
If $150 deposit paid by 1/15/16 your price will be: $2250 (double) or $2700 (single)
If $150 deposit paid after 1/15/16 your price will be: $2450 (double) or $2900 (single)