ET Spring Training Camp – April 23–27, 2015
We are proud and excited to announce Experience Triathlon’s 2015 Spring Training Camp in the Scottsdale and Phoenix area – a dream destination for athletes with over 300 days of sunshine annually and incredible scenery! Our trip is tailored to incorporate the best cycling routes amongst the most diverse southwestern ecosystem in our country. Our training adventure will include exhilarating road rides on buttery smooth pavement, group runs, a beginner friendly kayaking excursion, a private yoga session, and the opportunity to take advantage of a state of the art cycling performance center called FASTER.
We’ll enjoy accommodations at the spectacular and aptly named Carefree Resort & Conference Center nestled in the gorgeous Sonoran Desert and shrouded by the majesty of the Continental Mountains. After our training days are done, we’ll find a place where our tension melts away at this charming resort renowned for its hospitality, casual comfort and unbridled luxury. The nearby towns of Carefree and Cave Creek offer an ample selection of charming eateries and stores just minutes from our resort. At night, we’ll be able to let our cares slip away as we relax on our private balconies and gaze at stars shining so big and bright they seem close enough to touch.
Join us as we experience the vast desert paradise of the Valley of the Sun!
Thursday, April 23
Travel to Phoenix in the morning. Drive from Phoenix to Carefree. Camp begins with a late afternoon chatty run from our hotel while enjoying the scenic desert backdrop, peppered with colorful native wildflowers and towering Saguaro and Prickly Pear Cacti. Group welcome dinner and Camp overview discussion while immersed in the authentic southwestern flavor and architecture of our resort’s dining room.
Friday, April 24
Following breakfast at our resort, our day starts with a tour of FASTER, cycling’s most comprehensive Performance Center. Then we’ll embark on a 40-50 mile classic local’s ride that starts out on a false flat, heading out of Scottsdale toward the town of Carefree. After a gourmet picnic lunch and once we hit our top elevation gain of 1751 feet, we will turn around at an ancient Indian ruin site and be rewarded with a thrilling descent back into Scottsdale. There will be a post-ride brick run option, then we’ll enjoy a private yoga session and the optional opportunity for some post-ride recovery with FASTER’s compression boots and hot/cold plunge pools. Our day will end with a group dinner.
Saturday, April 25
Following breakfast at our resort, we’ll begin an iconic 70-75 mile ride from Scottsdale. We’ll be greeted with 70 mile vistas across the Sonoran Desert as we ride around the McDowell Mountains into the Verde River Valley and Tonto National Forest. Our journey through the town of Fountain Hills will allow for numerous short, steep hill climbs. A gourmet picnic lunch, post-ride brick run option, and the optional opportunity for recovery with FASTER’s compression boots and hot/cold plunge pools will be included. Our day will end with a group dinner.
Sunday, April 26
Sunrise run followed by breakfast at our resort. After breakfast, we’ll return to FASTER for a comprehensive demonstration of the world’s first low-speed cycling specific wind tunnel and aerodynamics discussion. We’ll find out how athletes can be optimized by incorporating world class bike fitting abilities concurrently with wind tunnel optimization efforts to find the intersection of their greatest power, most efficient respiration, and lowest drag. After lunch, we’ll pilot our own inflatable, stable, and easy to maneuver kayaks down the Lower Salt River. Our guides will be available to teach us the natural history of the area and give us paddling instruction as we appreciate the surrounding mountain peaks, giant cacti, and a multitude of birds and wildlife, which may include wild horses, bald eagles and river otters. Our day will conclude with a group farewell dinner.
Monday, April 27
Travel home after breakfast at our resort.
If deposit paid by 1/15/15 your price will be: $2095 (double) or $2545 (single)
If deposit paid after 1/15/15 your price will be: $2295 (double) or $2745 (single)
This Camp is now sold out. Please join us for Summer Camp 2015 in Madison. Details coming soon!
- Only $150 deposit reserves your camp spot!!
- Financial payment plans are available. Contact us to discuss options.
- Camp registration deadline is March 2, 2015.
- Final payment of full camp fee is due March 2, 2015.
- Refund policy: 50% prior to March 23, 2015. No refund after March 23, 2015.
- The above prices are based on the lowest current airfare. It is subject to change.
- ET athletes, ET club members and ET coaches receive their normal discount percentages.
Your Camp fee includes the following:
- Round trip airfare from Chicago to Phoenix.
- Four nights accommodations at the Carefree Resort & Conference Center.
- Two full day professionally guided bike tours that includes SAG van support, bike rental, and a helmet. Athletes should bring their own pedals and bike shoes. Nutrition stops every 15-20 miles with H2O, Gatorade, Coke, GU, bars and pretzels.
- Daily gourmet picnic lunch on Day 2, 3 and 4.
- Private yoga class on Day 2.
- Kayaking adventure with professional, knowledgeable and safety certified guides on Day 4.
- FASTER wind tunnel and 3D Fit demonstration and discussion on Day 4.
- Daily ground transportation for the duration of Camp.
- Full breakfast buffet on Day 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Please note that group dinners are not included in your Camp fee.