ET Spring Training Camp 2014
We are excited to announce Experience Triathlon’s 2014 Spring Training Camp in Santa Barbara Wine Country – one of the top wine regions in the world! Camp will be held April 24 – April 28 in the Santa Ynez Valley, located approximately 30 miles outside of Santa Barbara and about a 2.5 hour drive from Los Angeles.
Whether you’re looking for an active, fitness oriented vacation with plenty of post-workout relaxation time or a more intense multisport training and educational experience, ET Spring Camp is the perfect option.
Once again we will be staying near the quaint and charming town of Solvang, designed to look like a genuine Danish village. You will think you are in Europe as you savor the old-world ambiance and fragrance of fresh Danish pastries while strolling the streets of Solvang after a long day of training. Join us as we enjoy scenic backcountry roads alongside sun-draped vineyards, oak-studded rolling hills, vibrant wildflowers, and majestic mountaintops – California wine country awaits!
|Thursday||April 24||Travel to Los Angeles in the morning. Drive from Los Angeles to Solvang. Camp begins with a late afternoon easy run through the picturesque streets of downtown Solvang, followed by a group dinner.|
|Friday||April 25||Half-day guided bike tour including gourmet picnic lunch and wine tasting. Route 1 is a 25-30 mile ride through spectacular rolling backcountry terrain of easy to moderate difficulty with views of majestic mountaintops. Upon reaching the base of the world-famous Figueroa Mountain climb, route 2 riders looking for a longer (35-40 mile), more challenging ride will climb up the 10% grade for several miles before turning around for an amazingly spectacular high speed mountain descent. Optional brick run workout at conclusion of the bike workout. Free time in the afternoon. Optional activities include additional cycling, running, swimming, shopping, winery tours, golf, museums, horseback riding, bookstores and espresso cafes. Team dinner.|
|Saturday||April 26||Group long run, swim clinic, private group yoga session and team lunch in Solvang. Free time in the afternoon. Team dinner.|
|Sunday||April 27||Full-day guided bike tour including gourmet picnic lunch and wine tasting. Route 1 is a 35-40 mile moderate ride that begins through the towns of Solvang and Buellton. Then we leave the traffic behind for a cruise past farms and vineyards in the Santa Rita Hills known for their excellent Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Route 2 is a 60-70 mile ride of moderate to challenging difficulty. It continues toward the coast with spectacular climbs and a 180 degree view of the Pacific Ocean. Optional brick run workout at the conclusion of the bike workout. Team farewell dinner.|
|Monday||April 28||Travel home after breakfast.|
If deposit paid by 1/31/14 your price will be: $1660 (double) or $1995 (single)
If deposit paid after 1/31/14 your price will be: $1910 (double) or $2245 (single)
- Only $150 deposit reserves your camp spot!!
- Financial payment plans are available. Contact us to discuss options.
- Camp registration deadline is March 24, 2014.
- Final payment of full camp fee is due March 24, 2014.
- Refund policy: 50% prior to March 24, 2014. No refund after March 24, 2014.
- The above prices are based on the lowest current airfare. It is subject to change.
- ET athletes and ET club members receive their normal discount percentages.
Your Camp fee includes the following:
- Round trip airfare from Chicago to Los Angeles.
- Four nights accommodations at the Marriott Santa Ynez Valley. We are very excited to announce that this year we will again be staying at a luxurious Marriott property located in Buellton, just 3 miles from the Danish village of Solvang. The hotel features a newly renovated lobby and re-equipped fitness center and sauna, an outdoor pool and whirlpool, a spa for massage and facials, laundry facilities, complimentary high-speed Internet access, and innovative food and beverage venues in a stylish setting.
- One half-day and one full-day guided bike tour that includes SAG car support, bike rental, a water bottle and a helmet. Athletes can bring their own pedals and bike shoes. Each ride will be led by a professional tour guide. There will be different groups based upon pace, distance and route. Both half-day and full-day rides will include a group gourmet picnic lunch and wine tasting.
- Coached group workouts including swim, bike, run and yoga.
- Round trip ground transportation from Los Angeles to Solvang.
- Daily ground transportation to and from activities.
- Full breakfast buffet daily.
- Please note that group dinners are not included in your camp fee.
We hope you’ll join us on this wonderful, world class training adventure!